Logo Cadillac. In 1905, Cadillac produces the Osceola, a single cylinder favorite of Henry Leland and the first step in closed car design. The body was built under the supervision of Fred J. Fisher (who later founded Fisher Body with his brothers) in the Wilson Body Company plant in Detroit.
Cadillac becomes the first in the auto industry to use thermostatic control of a cooling system. In 1915, Cadillac’s V-8 engine is installed in all its models and the V-8 emblem is added to Cadillac designs. Tilt-beam headlights operated by a handle on the dash are introduced on Cadillac for improved nighttime visibility. In 1921, the Clark Street Cadillac factory begins production. At the time, it is the most modern plant in the industry. It remains in production until 1987.
Cruise control is offered on 1959 Cadillacs. In 1962, a new dual-circuit braking system is introduced on Cadillac cars. In 1966, Cadillac’s front-wheel drive Fleetwood Eldorado is introduced as a 1967 model. The ‘last’ American convertible is built by Cadillac in April 1976. (Convertibles are reintroduced in 1984.) In 1984, a new organizational structure for GM’s North American Passenger Car Operations is formed. Two integrated car groups, Chevrolet, Pontiac, GM of Canada (C-P-C) and Buick, Oldsmobile, Cadillac (B-O-C), each have complete responsibility for their respective products, including engineering, manufacturing, assembly and marketing.Sponsored Links:
Related Post :
Posted in Cadillac |