1933 Dodge Pickup
1933 Dodge Pickup. From the first Dodge Brothers automobile in 1914, the Dodge brothers’ durability and quality earned their company a strong reputation and good sales. By 1921, after the deaths of the Dodge brothers, Graham Brothers started selling 1.5 ton pickups through Dodge dealers. It had Graham bodies and Dodge parts.
In 1928, Chrysler acquired the Dodge Brothers company, just after launched its DeSoto and Fargo truck brands, both of which competed directly with Dodge Brothers. Dodge introduced a half-ton pickup for 1929 just after its acquisition by Chrysler, the last “original” 1933 Dodge Pickup designed truck. For this year, three engines were available – two Dodge engines with six cylinders (63 and 78 hp), and a Maxwell four cylinder that was substantially smaller than the Dodge engine, but produced more power (45 hp).
Beginning in 1933, 1933 Dodge Pickupabandoned their own engines and used Chrysler Corporation engines across the board, borrowing from Plymouth, DeSoto, and Chrysler, but (as in the present day) modifying the stock engines for better durability. The six cylinder engine was the flat-head six used in Plymouths, which continued through 1960. The 1933 Dodge Pickup were designated HC; the second letter, C, remained up until World War II, culminating in the WC.Sponsored Links:
Related Post :
Posted in Dodge |